Wednesday, November 7, 2007

My tug of war

It's been a week now. Even a few days more than that. And nothing. Nothing. It shouldn't bother me but... it does. And I don't know how much longer I can take it.

I haven't lost a pound.

Well, that may not be true based on the day of the week. Let's just say my body is apparently losing in it's tug of war over 2 pounds. Lose 2. Gain one. Lose one. Gain two. Lose two. Gain One. Lose one. Gain two.

I'm going a bit batty. So, I looked at what I've been eating. I knew my sodium was too high. Every day I made at least one sodium error but I tried to balance it out with lots and lots of water. Apparently that wasn't quite enough.

So, today I bought fruit before work (though I was so busy at work I didn't eat any - but I've sworn I will tomorrow) and I got fresh veggies and more fruit on the way home. We made a stir fry tonight with left over chicken and fresh veggies and brown rice and doesn't that sound good? When I ate it, all I could taste was the sodium. The left over marinade from the chicken apparently cooked down enough that it just tasted really salty. Sigh...

I'm not going to stop eating "healthy" just because I'm not seeing results. I'm just going to try to eat better and better and bring in more activity. I can't be at a plateau on week 3. It just doesn't work like that. Or does it?

I might just have to cave in and buy a new scale. The Evil Scale is looking more and more menacing each day. And yet I get on. Not quite believing - but hoping.

No comments: