Sunday, November 4, 2007

Under the wire, over the limit

Why is healthy so hard? Restaurant I went to today had no real healthy options. Sure, side salad w/ no dressing and you'll be ok. Beyond that? Nada. Major city, and located downtown. And this isn't some burger joint. We're talking lobster bisque, custom pizzas and steaks. But not one blessed simple non-high-calorie meal. They had a whole low carb section - but for a low calorie gal the bacon and cheese etc in each of those sort of took off the shine there.

One blessed chicken breast/broccoli and rice kind of dish. That's all I want. Maybe a salad with low fat dressing and grilled instead of fried chicken to top it? Something? So, I had to eat something bad for me. I picked one of the better of the options - but I won't let that happen again. I could feel the extra calories meeting their friends and holding on tight.

Sigh...how's a girl supposed to eat independently, locally and healthy while maintaining a busy life?

No comments: