Monday, January 7, 2008

Good-bye Holidays!

The holidays are finally done over and gone. Officially.

I'm not talking about the calendar - I'm talking about the evil pounds those few "cheat" days brought me. Was that gingerbread Christmas tree really worth it? Well, maybe not, but having that awesome black pepper bacon with gingerbread pancakes and mimosas on Christmas morning was pretty awesome. Awesome. But I'm really wishing I'd held back a bit more because I gained several pounds. And I'd just gotten to a new low - 208. Well, I bounced back to 212 one day. EEK! Now I know it was almost all sodium and not drinking enough water to flush it all out - but MAN it sucked to see it all pop right back. As of January 1st, I was back at 208 though. Whew!

Yesterday though is when the real magic happened. The Girlfriend decided she was completely committing herself to being healthier. She'd talked about it before, but yesterday she made the firm decision. I'm a bit concerned because she's not going at it with any kind of plan. But - she committed to joining the Biggest Loser Million Pound Challenge as a team. And through doing that, she's promised to blog about what she's doing and how she's feeling every other day (I started writing on the required site yesterday - we're going to trade days). This could be really great for her.

Most important - we're going to the gym today. I've been paying more than $50 a month for the two of us and I don't think we've gone since September. I was about to cancel the membership. Of course, now we're going to be going with all the other "New Years Resolution" folks so the place will be packed. But at least we're going. I have my bag packed and in the car. I'm already getting excited to go. (I think there might be something wrong with me)

One last note. Though it's in no way official as it's only been one day - I hit 206 today. If that turns out to be "real" in a second showing tomorrow, that will make a total of 26 pounds.

Pretty freaking impressive.

No comments: