Friday, August 17, 2007

Tea for two... or three reasons

I love drinks. All kinds. Generally I lean more toward the non-alchoholic type. Tea, soda, chocolate milk, punch, juice, coffee, fizz, milkshakes (they kinda count, right?) - if you can put in a straw, I'm a happy girl. I especially enjoy those things that cross genres. Tea w/ fruit juice. Fruity italian sodas. Chai Latte (Milk + Tea).

While I enjoy these things, I was realizing that I was buying quite a few of these single serving items in glass containers. Not tons of course, but at least several each month. I started doing my mental eco-math and realized that something needed to stop or at least slow down.

I pulled out my often "just used for parties" iced tea maker. I love this so much, I'm shocked I don't use it more. I'm starting to play with different combinations of tea - something that (shockingly) I'd never really thought about doing before. My current fav combo is 1 family sized Luzianne Tea bag and 1 mint tea bag. Yummy minty tea!!! Perfect for summer and I'm never even encouraged to pull out the sweetener. Mind you - I LOVE good sweet tea. But I'm hoping that not only can I save a few bottles by making it en masse, but I'll also save a few calories.

Less waste. Less calories. Less money. Totally healthy.

No comments: