Monday, August 6, 2007

Product or packaging?

Petco offers bulk kitty litter. It's your standard clumpable clay based litter. And so - I realized I was in a bit of an ecological quandary. Continue to buy the wheat based litter that is better for the environment - but requires a new box every month OR buy the litter that isn't so good for the environment - but requires absolutely no waste of packaging.

This is kind of a tough one.

I think I'm going to stick with the wheat for now. We're still in that slow transition period with the kitty. I have quite the picky kitty and these things take time. We're not quite at a 50/50 mix - but like 35% wheat/65% clay. But if she decides wheat isn't good enough for her waste - I at least feel better knowing that a low waste (no packaging) option is available.

No comments: