Saturday, September 29, 2007

Overcoming IHOP

This morning, The Girlfriend and Aunt P. wanted IHOP. Dang them. Luckily I had just given The Girlfriend the big "dang it we are GOING to be healthy" speech last night and she'd agreed to it all. So, I was able to talk them out of it - until we found there was no milk for cereal. Dang it. So I dragged myself down to the neighborhood store.

I got their lousy 2% and made myself feel special with some organic skim milk.

Her 2% went over Pops. My organic skim went over low calorie and high fiber organic granola with raisins.

She filled up a serving bowl. I measured out exactly one cup into a small bowl.

Well, she may not eat quite as healthy as I'm going to try to do, but it can't stop me. And besides, her job is more physical so she's burning way more calories than my tiny cubicle will allow me to burn.

I've been so freaking healthy today. I'm eating grapes right now when I really wanted the chocolate chunk cookies sitting on the counter. 1 day down. 7-8 years or so to go...

No comments: