Friday, September 7, 2007

The carrot is mine!

Well, sort of.

Today is my first day of working at home. While I know that I'm expected to use today to "get some of the bugs out" I have to say I'm shocked how many bugs there are. Email auto forwarding. VOIP Phone disconnecting and reconnecting every 20 minutes. I have hope. We'll see how it all works. Hopefully the carrot won't be yanked away due to technical issues. Oh well, it's only been 11 months...

That said, the last week has been a bit of a paper whirlwind. I decided to take advantage of working from home to re-do my office. New desk. New organizer thingies. And a going through ALL the paperwork I have ever had in the office. Wow. I must have filled a standard kitchen sized trash container (which we use for recycle stuff) at least 3 times - most likely 4. Biggest offenders were junk mail (which I've officially opted out on) and envelopes. Before I kept the whole thing - now I'm keeping just the "meat" of the issue. Certainly helped to save space. But MAN was that recycle container full!

So, just because I'm keeping mental track...
Working from home - check.
Reducing my waste/recycling what I have - check.

Not a bad week all in all. The plan is to start hitting the gym next week. If we can do that I'll feel totally back on track!

No comments: