Friday, September 28, 2007

Baby Steps?

On Wednesday I went to the gym. The Girlfriend went too, but I was the one who packed my gym bag the night before, told her I was doing it and then even reminded her the next day. Is this a small step? Heck yea. But one I'm proud of. I knew I wouldn't be able to go the next day as I had a church meeting, but it was nice to go. As for tonight - not sure we'll hit the gym - but what I'd like to do is to go/do something active. Walk around the pond at the local park. Go dancing. Bringing some active into lifestyle - not just at the gym. And this weekend my activity goal is to buy a pump for our bike tires. I don't think I'll be able to afford to get a new bike any time soon, but I'm going to make a try at riding the one I have.

All that sounds good, right? Now here's the weird part.

Wednesday morning I hit the scale for some reason. Again, it said 230. Again, I thought it was lying. I move about my day... la la la...feeling good, doing good. Thursday morning for some reason I hit the scale again - pretty rare for me to do it 2 days in a row. 229. Whaaaaaa??? Ok, I didn't believe it at 230, so why is it that part of me wants to believe the 229 hype? I haven't seen a 20-something in awhile so while it's still ridiculously huge, it's a gigantic step IF it's true.

Since yesterday involved no gym and a few bad meals, I didn't try the scale again. I'm going to try to have a good weekend and see how it all looks. If I'm still in the 20's I could be a very happy girl. If not - death to the scale. Ok, not really. But I'll be thinking about it.

No comments: