Monday, October 8, 2007

Battle won, then lost, then won, then...?

The Lying Scale has woven a new web of pretty lies. So pretty, I almost fell for it. Friday morning 227. Sunday morning 226. I'd never seen a more beautiful number. The whole day I walked with an extra umph in my step. I let the deep fried BBQ chicken wings be made around me with out wanting "just one". I was calm and sure of myself.

Until Monday morning.

Monday morning I shouldn't have gotten on the scale. I know that, but well... I was there and it was there and it kinda just happened. So ya know what The Lying Scale tells me? 227. I'm shocked. I'm befuddled. I think - this can't be right. I did everything right yesterday. I step away for a moment. I think maybe it's toying with me. I decide to give it one more try.

228.

WHAT???? I'm overwhelmed by a sense of betrayal. It's LYING! I KNOW it's lying! I feel it lying to me - staring snarkily from the floor. But it hurts too much to look back. I know that i need to move on with my day. So, the rest of the morning goes as planned. Little shower. Little morning news/funny weather man time. No surprises. But as I'm going back in to get dressed, I see it staring at me from around the corner. It's trying to stare me down. Well, I'm not one to be intimidated by The Lying Scale - at least not without a fight. I approach. I mount.

226.

ACK!!!!! Which is right? Which is wrong? My hair is still a bit wet so how can I weigh less? I haven't used the restroom again or even blown my nose! How is that possible????!!!!????!!!

The Lying Scale - 1, Kristin - 0

Well played, my friend... well played.

No comments: