Monday, October 22, 2007

10 down, so so many to go...

As of today I am 10 pounds less than my last "normal" weight. I am outrageously excited. I feel like I've lost 30 in terms of my motivation.

I decided to take this moment of double digit-ness to look back at some of my posts since summer. Boy I really fell off the boat. But I knew it at the time, which helps a bit. But I'm so not there anymore. Here's my current State of Me.

- Down 10 lbs. Did I already mention that? Of course I did. But it's worth mentioning again. All through eating healthy foods and upping my activity level. Who would have thought it?

- I admited to failure in keeping up the yard. I got quotes from about 5 different companies and picked a guy. It looks so much better now. I need to replace the 4 dead trees in the back, and I think I have The Girlfriend convinced to make at least 2 of them fruit producing trees. I'm quite excited about that! Think I'll wait until after the winter to get them as it was winter that killed the last ones. Maybe use a little tax rebate $ for it.

- While I still feel like I've lost control of a part of the house, The Girlfriend and I have talked and I found out she agrees with me and was similarly frustrated. WOW does that help! As we're pretty much cooking for ourselves these days, one of those issues has been resolved. As for the others, I'm going to have to take baby steps. I organized the spice cabinet a bit this weekend, which helped. I'm thinking I'll attack the pantry shortly which always makes me feel a bit more kitchen controled. Yes, I have some itty bitty baby control issues. But really - who doesn't need to feel in control of their own house? Some scream, some clean - I organize.

- I took my first Pilates class last week. Oh my. I was in SO much pain for days after. This week I'll miss it because of a church meeting, but I'm planning to do it on a regular basis.

- I went to the Farmers Market last weekend and bought 3 veggies I've never bought before (though I've eaten them) Italian zucchini, Eggplant, and Spagetti Squash. I'm looking forward to finding good recipes, making them, and to slowly opening The Girlfriend's palatte toward vegetables!

I have a new attitude on healthy. And I know that to reach my all-inclusive goals, there are certain times were I have to focus on just one to really be effective. Not that I'll ever lose sight of my more global goals, but right now I can't effectively improve in 100 different ways all at once. Picking your battles, you know? And for now, I've selected the Battle of the Bulge.

Current weight (Based on evil home scale): 222

First goal: 198 - I'll be SO dang excited to be clearly under 200!

Second goal: 180 - This will be such a major improvment. At this point I really want to celebrate where I've been and how much I will have accomplished. Losing 50 pounds is HUGE and something that before didn't even seem real. Now, I can almost taste it.

Third goal: 160 - This is my major goal. At this point I should be about a size 16-18 I think and I'll be able to celebrate a whole new set of stores to buy clothing! I was still getting quite a bit of attention at this weight level (when the weight was going up) if my memory serves correctly, so I know I'll be able to really feel confident here.

Super ultimate, not sure if I can actually do it but if I could wave a magic wand and get it my goal would be: 135 - I thought I was so fat at this weight. Now, it's my pipe dream.

One step at a time, 1 meal at a time, I'll make my goals.

No comments: