Monday, March 23, 2009

Best ate plans....

If making plans counted, we'd all be thin, fit, rich and have a ton of friends. But let's be honest. They don't.

It's not the thought that counts - it's the gift. Thoughts are extra credit, but only as a percentage of the coolness of the gift itself.

But back to those plans. I had plans. They were good plans. My plan was to have a picnic on the weekend with healthy food and tons of outdoor games, then we'd walk around the whole park and burn off some extra calories. I made the picnic "BYOS" - bring your own sandwich, and we just brought some extra chips and drinks. But then we figured we'd also get a small thing of cookies because there might be kids there. Then we brought fruit for us.

Then we get there and I find out that other folks brought bacon ranch pasta salad, deviled eggs and chicken wings. And by "other folks" I mean The Girlfriend's Aunt. She knows I love deviled eggs. And you know you can't let them just go bad sittng outside... So I had 3ish. And had to at least try a wing. But the the worst thing was how many of these things made it home with us. So we snacked for the rest of the weekend. Never a ton. Just pretty regular snacking.

So after a pretty decent week where I'd seen 197, by Monday morning I was 200 again. Crap. Nice plans, right?

Well, THIS week I'm going to make them happen. We really liked hanging at the park w/ friends. Free and entertaining. Makes you get up and move, even if it was just for the high energy game of croquet. I still moved more than when watching TV. So this week I'm making fruit salad. I'm sticking to only eat what I bring - and the portions I agree on in advance. This time I am going to have the fun without the temptation. And... I'm going to have a talk with The Aunt.

Promise to make this weekend better than the last. Looking forward to my first full healthy week in a long time.

No comments: