Saturday, January 17, 2009

Old habits easier than new ones

I have 5 minutes until we leave to meet friends for dinner at the Melting Pot for a birthday dinner. We'll be getting just the cheese and the chocolate. Earlier today we went to the zoo and while walking was great, the nachos and McDonald's for snack/lunch was not good. Nor were the Munchkins and Latte that we grabbed on the way there.

And last week I was in NJ for business where I took clients out to eat for 3 dinners and 4 lunches. I ate food I could never afford to eat if I was not being reimbursed. It was amazing. Appetizers, wine, mains, desserts and coffee - and all top shelf stuff.

Last night was another birthday dinner which involved meatloaf and mac and cheese. Why is everything - friendships and business - celebrated and reinforced with food?

This morning I weighed myself for the first time in a few weeks. 199.8 lbs. I'm so mad at myself. And yet - I didn't get the healthy option at McDonald's. And I ate the donuts. And I will be eating the fondue.

This sucks.

And it's all my fault.

No comments: